Sunday, December 27, 2009

Replacing Adobe PDF Reader

Adobe Reader has been giving problems for last few months in printing PDF documents. This wasn't any installation issue since it gave problems on multiple computers and multiple OSs. Instead of printing the document, it was printing this:
ERROR: undefined
OFFENDING COMMAND: eexec
STACK:
/quit
-dictionary-
-mark
After searching on net, I found that it is a problem with the newer version of Adobe Reader. So finally, I decided to get rid of this bloated software which Adobe anyway has been abusing to push other things on my computer.

I checked portableApps.com and found Sumatra PDF Portable. I tried this software for a few days. This is not a very slow and processor-intensive software and printing is not good. In fact, when I tried to print a document with 120 pages, it froze my computer for a few hours. Currently, I am back to Adobe Reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment