Friday, January 1, 2010

iPhone's unstability reminds me of Windows 95

I am running iPhone OS 3.0 on iPhone 3G. It is slow and unstable. It crashes sometimes, hangs sometimes and drops calls sometimes. Out of all the cell phones I have owned and I know of, iPhone is the most unstable. But I like it simply because it meets my requirements best with its user experience and apps.

This reminds of Windows 95 which used to crash often (I think mostly because of buggy drivers and applications), but people used it because it had so many cool things that people didn't mind those tiny nuances of crashes. As a side note, I used Windows 95 mainly for watching videos and playing games, for everything else I used Solaris or Red Hat Linux; I switched my main platform from Red Hat Linux to Windows after the release of Windows XP and me realizing that Windows has finally got kernel protection and is not easy to crash.

iPhone problems which I encounter daily or frequently:
- drops call while talking (never happened with any other cell phones I owned - all on AT&T network)
- sometimes it will just refuse to charge from my laptop, but can do sync. I tried more than ten times today, but it wouldn't charge.
- hangs sometimes - I think some of the apps I have may be buggy
- sometimes very slow and unresponsive
- sometimes screen goes blank and wouldn't come up no matter whatever you try.

No comments:

Post a Comment